These are the instructions to be followed for Potential Patients who have been advised to remain in Home Isolation.
- Patients have to avoid direct contact with other members of household.
- Bystanders must use Protective measures like Mask and Gloves while handling the patient.
- Avoid direct contact with the patients’ bodily fluids of any kind.
- Always wash hands with soap after contact with the Patient, even after just entering the patient’s room.
- Always use clean paper or cloth towels after washing hands.
- Ensure safe/proper disposal of masks, gloves, towels, etc after use.
- The patient’s room must be bath attached and well ventilated.
- Avoid use of plates, cups and other utensils that have been used by the patient by other members of the household.
- Clothes must be washed using Bleaching Powder (3 tsp for 1 litre of water) and sun dried before use every time.
- When coughing or sneezing, the mouth and nose must be covered using a clean towel at all times.
- Avoid visitors at all costs.
- Always clean the room, bathroom, furniture, etc used by the patient using bleaching powder.
P. S. Information Courtesy: Kerala Police Official Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/keralapolice/)